To experience SUP in the best possible way, we provide you with quality boards and paddles, safe equipment, and instructions to get you on the water with the most efficiency. Our instructors know what they are talking about and can fit you to a board that will give you an experience of a lifetime. You can count on us.
We have both hard boards and inflatables. Some of the brands we count on are:
- Hyrdus Tech
- Surf Tech
SUP Paddles vary in length, material, blade size and shaft configuration. To read in detail all the options and what to consider if you are looking to purchase one for yourself, follow this link on the Olympic Outdoor Center.
Our fleet of paddles mostly consist of
- Carbon Fiber
Most of ours are adjustable which help us fit them to the paddler’s specific height. They are a wider blade and designed for a general leisure paddling experience.
However, we have a few which are designed for a more race-minded paddle experience. So if you are interested in trying these, feel free to ask and we will bring them out just for you!
Safety / PFD’s
That’s PFD’s, NOT PDF’s! That stands for Personal Flotation Device, or life jackets. Because Paddle Boards are considered a “man-powered” vessel, Kansas law states the following…
- All vessels must have at least one USCG–approved Type I, II, III, or V PFD for each person on board and being towed. Vessels 16 feet or longer, except canoes and kayaks, also must carry one USCG–approved Type IV throwable device.
- Persons 12 years of age or younger must wear a USCG–approved Type I, II, or III PFD while on board or being towed by a vessel. A life belt or ring will not satisfy the requirement.
- A personal watercraft may not be operated unless each person on board is wearing a USCG–approved Type I, II, III, or V PFD.
- Sailboarders are not required to wear a PFD, but it is recommended.
- Inflatable PFDs are not recommended for nonswimmers or anyone under the age of 16.
- All PFDs must be in good and serviceable condition and must be readily accessible. The PFDs must be of the proper size for the intended wearer. Sizing for PFDs is based on body weight and chest size.
We carry both inflatable belt PFDs and full size life jackets. We are sure to fit them to your needs and size, including infant and child-size life jackets. ALL are USCG, United States Coast Guard, approved.
Click on the following link to learn more about Kansas PFD Requirements.